Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cast Bios

Hello again! This post is going to be a bit short, as I am devoting it to the bios of all of us here in London. I think you'll find us to be an interesting and diverse group... That's how we like it. =)

All of these bios were written by the individuals they describe, although some asked me to spice them up a bit. Without further ado:

First, our wonderful professor!

John Clum -- Born in the same hospital as Bruce Springsteen. 43 years teaching at Duke. Written 7 books, 40 some essays and book chapters, a bunch of plays. Directed over 75 productions. Has run the Duke in London Drama Program since 1987. Now lives in Atlanta and London.

John Ingalls:

John is a rising junior at Duke. He’s an Electrical & Computer Engineering major, and has been involved on the technical production side of theatre for seven years now. He’s looking forward to seeing and learning from a lot of great theatre while in London!


Kristina Warren:

Hellooo! My name is Kristina Warren, and I am a rising Duke University junior studying music and pre-med, kind of. I can't really decide whether I act, but I can say that although I've not been part of a dramatic production since about age 5 (when I pushed aside all the other little kids in order to get to the front and say my line), I'm so thrilled to be studying drama in London and already feel I've learned a ton. I enjoy Belgian Chocolate ice cream during the opera interval, finding things I lost, and singing. I like laughing (especially at myself), whether or not others join me. I am sensitive of others, happier when I get stuff done quickly, and somewhere between ordered and messy. I try to look forward to good things and ignore whatever else. I look for depth but like to be reached on a simple level. I can be verbose. And finally, I have one of my lines memorized so far: "I am not yet so low but that my nails can reach unto thine eyes." Hopefully my acting abilities have matured since age 5.



Kyle Glackin:

Hey everyone. My name is Kyle Glackin and I am a rising sophomore at
Duke University studying Biomedical Engineering. My career in theater
began somewhat inadvertently as many things do, when I followed a girl
into my high school's drama club. Needless to say, I loved it and I
have been hooked ever since. Currently I'm a member of Duke
University Improv and Hoof n Horn and intend to stay strongly involved
throughout college. My first day in London (aside from the jet lag)
has been great, and it is only going to get better from here. Cheers
mates.


Rebecca Stone:

A rising Trinity sophomore at Duke U, Becca is planning on studying History, Theater, and Markets and Management. She enjoys performing, traveling, and watching plays and is very excited to get to do all of those things in London!


Chelsea Cottle:

Spotsylvania, Virginia (in gone with the wind, its the town where Ashleigh gets
captured); Junior at the College of William and Mary; Theater Major; Literary and
Cultural Studies Major.

I love to laugh. I love to dance and sing. I love Harry Potter, and most really great
books. I hate poetry, because I don't understand it and I shun things I don't
understand. I also adore dry wit. My dream job is to take Samantha Brown's job
on the travel channel-- she best sleep with one eye open. The beach is my
favorite place, well, that and the Magic Kingdom, Disney World. I quote
Anchorman a lot. I have many favorite movies and among them are V for
Vendetta, The Hott Chick, The Count of Monte Cristo, and any Disney movie
ever. I was raised on BBC television, and i love to bake so give me orders and I
can have cakes, cookies, scones, anything delightful ready to eat. I have been in
several shows, most notably being Belle in Beauty and the Beast. My favorite play
that I have read would probably be On the Razzle by Tom Stoppard. Read it. It's
hilarious.


Rachel Dickenson:
Trinity '10, Lit major (FVD certificate, Theater Studies minor)
... And I decided that she didn't add enough, so I'm adding a tidbit about her.
Rachel "claims" that she has never acted before. I am fortunate enough to be in a Shakespeare scene reading group with her, and I was blown away by her "first time" acting when she read for both Helena and Hermia in "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Cameron McCallie (me):
I'm in the Pratt School of Engineering, with a major in Electrical and Computer engineering and a minor in music. Although this program has nothing to do with my major, I have always wanted to take a class with Professor Clum, visit the UK for a lengthy period of time, and I just LOVE to act. I don't have much experience with acting, nor have I taken many classes, but my interest grows every day... especially in the theater center of the world!

Alex Ellinport:
Alex is a rising junior at Duke University. He is pursuing a double major in Psychology and Theatre Studies and is a member of Duke University Improv (DUI) and Sigma Nu Fraternity. Alex enjoys kickin' it, playing basketball, watching Arrested Development and writing about himself in the third person. Alex does not enjoy reading poetry nearly as much as he enjoys listening to it. His favorite poem is "Stressed Out" by the most influential poetic group of the late 80s and mid 90s, A Tribe Called Quest. He is anxious to learn more about the compelling culture of the Brits and why they spell certain words in such an off-colour manner. He is also excited to see some plays. Mind the gap!


That's all I have for bios today, I'm still waiting on the rest of the group.
Keep your eyes peeled for an exciting new post coming soon, featuring pictures from many group members as well as writings about shows and class.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment